RE: GFI Mailarchiver - is that the best way to go?

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:58:26 -0800 (PST)

How expensive are both EMC Xtender and Zantaz EAS? I think they might be a cost
issue as well and complexity of implementation. Any thoughts, as I have to sell
this to the guys that hold the Big Purse.

  Thanks

  Dave

ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  http://www.MSExchange.org/
  I've used EMC Xtender, which was a pretty neat application. You can schedule
archive tasks and does shortcutting as well. Once items are archived, you have
the option to shortcut messages where messages are removed from your mailbox
and replaced with a pointer in Outlook. Therefore when a user wants to restore
a message, all you need to do is double click the message in Outlook and it
will retrieve the message from the storage and copy it back to your Exchange
DB, rather than using a search interface such as a browser to search for the
message then retrieve. All mail is stored in DB as a flat file which you can
store on a file server. Application also has the ability to search user's
machine for existing .psts to archive off to storage.