GFI Mail Essentials 11 - Public Folder Scanning and Processing

  • From: Jason Davis <JDavis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:54:06 -0700

Hello all,

I don't know where else to turn, but you guys.  I've been on tech support
with GFI Mail Essentials for the last couple of days with no resolution.....

My problem is with the "GFI AntiSpam" public folders in Exchange.  For
whatever reason, none of the mail that is being dragged into those folders
is being "processed".  I am using a separate SMTP Gateway box running GFI
Mail Essentials along with a separate Exchange server running Exchange 5.5
on Winnt 4.0.

I have configured the GFI AntiSpam public folders to populate on Exchange
using GFI's IMAP configuration editor.  At first, I was using a non-admin
acct.  Since then, I have changed the IMAP acct to the domain administrator
(suggested by GFI support), but to no avail.  I have stopped and restarted
Exchange and the GFI SMTP box after making changes, but to no avail.  When I
test the account in GFI IMAP editor, the test is successful.  Unfortunately,
the public folders still do NOT appear to be processing the mail.

Who has some experience with GFI Mail Essentials version 11?  Who has some
specific experience with the AntiSpam public folders?

Anyone's help is much appreciated.

Kindest regards,

--Jason Davis