GFI Mail Essential / Security

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:53:11 -0400

Hello all,

   To those of you running GFI with Exchange 5.5 outside of your firewall,
could you let me know what steps you have taken to secure that box?  My
thinking is this....  If that server is sitting in the DMZ and is sending
packets on port 25, how can we secure that port so that people do not try to
use a Denial of Service attack on us or try to read the SMTP messages?

   Any pointers would be appreciated.  I have to implement this setup this
weekend.  GFI's white paper doesnt provide me with this info...

Thanks again,

Chris