GC Question

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:49:45 -0500

What am I trying to do?

Trouble shoot why my RPC over HTTP doesn't work. OWA with SSL works fine
but the RPC over HTTP doesn't, so I am going through it piece by piece
to see if I did something incorrectly.

I have two machines for this exercise, DC/GC called domain which is also
the DNS for smallbiz.com, and another machine called exchange which is a
standalone server.

Skipping ahead to the registry settings on the exchange server; I have
to setup HLM\Software\Microsoft\Rpc\RpcProxy to:

Exchange:6001-6002;exchange.smallbiz.com:6001-6002;exchange:6004;exchang
e.smallbiz.com:6004;

On the DC/GC server I should be adding to the registry
HLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Paramaters a new Multi String
value with the DWORD value of "NSPI interface protocol sequences" and a
modify value of "ncacn_http:6004".

I am correct so far?

--- off topic ---

The other question I have is regarding Installing the Enterprise CA Cert
on the Outlook RPC over HTTP Client Machine. MUST this be done? How do
ISP's allow users to access their email RPC over HTTP; I can't see them
sending a cert to a client and telling them how to install it on their
outlook!?!

Andrew