GAL usage

  • From: "Stelley, Doug" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:43:25 -0400

Does anyone know how to either create a new "customized" GAL, or modify
the existing GAL? I need to be able to hide specific users & groups from
the Global Address List.

I found a website on it at:;en-us;300121 (How to
Programmatically Create a GAL in Exchange 2000 Server)

BUT, It's very hard for me to translate into an easy to read format. Has
anyone done this?

I created a new Address list in the "Global Address List." Folder in
Exchange manager, but it doesn't show up in Outlook. I'm Stumped. I can
have it as a different address list, but the users who need to be hid
would still showup in the GAL.

HELP Please!!!

Doug Stelley
Asst. Network Admin.
Olean General Hospital

Ability is nothing without opportunity. - Napoleon Bonaparte

Confidential: The information contained in this message may be legally
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination,
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.