Re: GAL replication between two forests

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:19:01 +0100

Hi Gopi

Check the Microsoft MetaDirectory service. I think this should solve your
problems. It allows two completely separate AD Forests to co-exist and
replicate between each other. Note that I have deliberately not said
migration as this isn't possible at the present time unless anyone knows
different. Whilst I am no advocate of Novell E-Directory\NDS the abilty to
merge trees has been around for eons so I suspect it may appear in AD sooner
or later. The MS web site is;EN-US;MMS

I'm afraid I have no idea of cost a I have never had cause to use it. I
supect this is a product that we will get to see more and more of as more
and more users adopt AD.

Hope that helps.

Paul Lemonidis.