RE: GAL not updating

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:50:25 -0500

Are your clients using cached mode?  If so, then they rely on the
offline address book, which, by default, is only rebuilt once or twice
every 24 hours.  You can adjust this as you like in ESM.

To test this, manually rebuild the offline address book, and then go
into Outlook, Tools, Send/Receive, and choose Download Address Book.

Outlook pulls the new address book on some preset interval, not sure
exactly what that interval is.

PS - Can someone comment as to if RPC over HTTP clients rely on the
offline address book even in NON cached mode.