Re: GAL - modify - Urgent - pls help

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:42:25 -0500

David

If you still don't have ADModify, let me know and I can email it to you.

Mark Fugatt
MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
Pentech Office Solutions Inc
Rochester, NY
Tel: 585 586 3890
Fax: 585 249 0316
www.4mcts.com

---------- Original Message -----------
From: "david" <apba08@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:28:51 +0100
Subject: [exchangelist] Re: GAL - modify - Urgent - pls help

> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Byron,
> 
> Many thanks. I had tried that but I get blocked with a "you don't 
> have permission to enter here" warning followed by four lines of 
> error messages!
> 
> Regards
> 
> David S.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Byron Kendrick [mailto:bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] 
> Sent: 22 April 2003 21:16
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Re: GAL - modify - Urgent - pls help
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> One too many colons after ftp.  Typo
> 
> Byron Kendrick
> bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: david [mailto:apba08@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 3:08 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Re: GAL - modify - Urgent - pls help
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Mark,
> 
> Please would you confirm the address you refer to under item 3. (My
> browser can't find it!!)
> 
> Regards
> 
> David S.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mark Fugatt [mailto:mark@xxxxxxxxx] 
> Sent: 22 April 2003 17:17
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Re: GAL - modify - Urgent - pls help
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> You have a few options.
> 
> 1. Script it
> 
> 2. Export to an LDIF file, make the modification and then reimport it.
> 3. Use ADModify from Microsoft, this is a tools from Microsoft PSS that
> will 
> allow you to make bulk changes to your AD very simply, you can get it
> from 
> ftp:://ftp.microsoft.com/PSS/Tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/ADModify/
> 
> My personal selection would be number 3.
> 
> Hope this helps
> 
> Mark Fugatt
> MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
> Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> Rochester, NY
> Tel: 585 586 3890
> Fax: 585 249 0316
> www.4mcts.com
> 
> ---------- Original Message -----------
> From: Gopi Krishna N <Gopi.Krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:35:45 +0530
> Subject: [exchangelist] GAL - modify - Urgent - pls help
> 
> > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> > 
> > Hi All,
> >           I'm using E2K with SP3. I've 400 mailboxes in my 
> > organization. The address book details in the GAL for all the 
> > employees are empty. I want to automatically update the common 
> > details like Address, Company, City , Country etc., for all the 
> > mailboxes. Can I have some policy on the server so that it can 
> > automatically update these details without me or users manually 
> > entering. If so, how can I do that.
> > 
> >  Please help, I need to get this done asap.
> > 
> > Thanks in advance for all your help.
> > 
> > Thanks
> > Gopi Krishna N 
> > Phone: +91-80-5583025  Extn : 8254  Fax : +91-80-5581425 
> > Direct: +91-80-2944555 
> > Gopi.Krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ----------------------------------------------------
> > Symphony Services 
> > www.symphserv.com 
> > 
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > List Archives:
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> > Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> > Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List 
> > as: mark@xxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-
> > exchangelist-802537Y@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ------- End of Original Message -------
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:
> david@xxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> $subst('Email.Unsub')
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:
> bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> $subst('Email.Unsub')
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:
> david@xxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> $subst('Email.Unsub')
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List 
> as: mark@xxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-
> exchangelist-802537Y@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
------- End of Original Message -------



Other related posts: