Fwd: This is a test message

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 07:47:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

This is a test message. Now a day i don't get any answers for my questions. I
wonder why??

Is that i am asking very tough question or Is it a very stupid question. I am
willingly assuming that it is a tough one :)

Please help.

Regards
Praveen R

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 06:25:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] Disaster recovery for Exchange 2003 : Clarification
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.MSExchange.org/
Hi,

I want few clarifications with respect to Exchange backup. I have Exchange 2003
SP1 running on Windows 2003, Hardware Dell 2850 with Mirroring for OS and RAID
5 for exchange database, LTO (10 Slot autoloader) tape drive is connected to
backup server and backup is taken over LAN, Arc server backup software (11.0)

I went trough the Disaster recovery planning and operations guide from MS,
however I am not able to understand how exactly ?restore the server? method
works!!

Taking full system backup is fine, but what is the exact procedure to restore
in case of a system crash. It seems obvious that windows 2003 OS & backup agent
needs to be freshly installed (in case of a failure) and then only I can
restore from backup. But if I do so OS will not allow overwriting of system
files!  Is ?restore the server? only for Exchange 2003 application???? I am not
clear because document says ?Windows 2003 full computer backup set? what
exactly this means??

Can some one please explain me how ?Restore the server? works. Also please let
me know the best backup policy for a 50 Gb database and a SLA of 2 hour down
time in case of major failure.

Regards

Praveen R

Discover Yahoo!
 Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online & more. Check it out!