Fwd: RE: Maintaining Postmaster....

  • From: chrsta <chrsta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:29:10 +0000

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?

 After a couple of months of neglect our Postmaster mailbox has reached
almost 500 MB.

I was wondering how others subscribed to this list manage their
Postmastermailbox? Are you deleting all after every couple of months
or archiving to a
PST file? Or does someone manually manage the mailbox, i.e. by checking
NDRs, notifications, etc., every month or so?

We are concerned that a 'delete all' approach may have some legal
ramifications later down the line.

Is there a 'best practice'?? :-)

Environment is Exch 5.5, soon to be Exch 2003.

Thanks in advance,