RE: Front-End / Back-End

  • From: "Robert Abela" <robert@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:57:25 +0200

A very basic concept is that the front end server just handles the smtp server,
pop3 etc while the information store is kept in the back end server.  One of
it's main advantages is to publish an exchange server on the internet like OWA
etc.  If the front end server is hacked or something, still the intruder won't
have access to the information store.