RE: Front End/Back End

  • From: "Amy Kohler" <akohler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:36:57 -0500

Yes, there is a firewall. All necessary ports must be open because the FE can
resolve and access mailboxes on the Back end cluster, just not mailboxes on the
back end single master server. The master is setup to allow owa access to it
directly bypassing the FE with an address of the old domain i.e.
mail1.olddomainname.com