RE: Front End/Back End

  • From: "Lara, Greg" <GLara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:28:36 -0500

Amy, I'm not sure I understand your question. MX records don't really
pertain to a FE/BE setup, they pertain to the delivery of SMTP mail from an
outside mail system. If your FE server cannot access your "master" BE
server, there could be network configuration issues involved. Can the FE
server correctly resolve the DNS name of the BE server in question? Is there
a firewall in between the two servers, and if so, is port 80 open?

Have you read this article:

Greg Lara