Front End/Back End

  • From: "Amy Kohler" <akohler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:09:57 -0500

I have a front end server that can access mailboxes (OWA) on the Back end
cluster, but not the Back end single Master server. (500 internal server error)
All 2000 server and exchange.

We had to create a new domain because the internal and external had the same
name (split).
The master has an internal and external NIC.

We have an MX record that is pointing to a host record that is using the IP
address of the external NIC of the master back end server. I'm thinking this
might be the problem. The internal NIC is not configured with a default
gateway. Does anyone agree that removing the external NIC and configuring the
default gateway on the internal NIC should fix the problem?