RE: Free/Busy-Options --> performance influence of exchange server

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:45:44 -0500

The only impact would be a larger Free Busy public folder and very
slight increase in network traffic, which is really negligible. However,
if you change default publishing interval from 15 minutes to some thing
like 5 minutes or less than that, there will be increased talking
between client and server. But again if you are running on a 100MB
switched network, you wont see the impact at all. We publish 12 months
data and update every 10 minutes. No problems at all.