Free /Busy

  • From: "Stelley, Doug" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:48:38 -0400

OK, within our Exchange 2K domain, our Free/Busy service works well with
all of our users, BUT.

I built several public folder calendars for use in scheduling out our
conference rooms etc. They are mail enabled with 3 people who can
schedule the recourses, and everybody can review them. But, if a user
wants to schedule a time within it, he/she can't see any free/busy
status.

For example, I go into my calendar (Outlook 2002), set an appointment,
invite the people I need, including a conference room. I then go into
the scheduling tab for free busy status. All the invitees schedules are
updated for me but the conference room shows "no information".

Is that normal? Shouldn't I be able to see the free/busy for that room?
Is it because it's in a public folder? I'm confused!

Also, if I send out the invitation to the invitees, the conference room
automatically sets that appointment (but I'm only a reviewer!) Is that
normal?

In my perfect world, I should see the free/busy status of that room, but
when I send the invitation that invitation should only go to the "owner"
of that room so she can say "yay/nay" to my request.

I'm sorry I'm rambling, but it is a problem, and I'm being leaned on to
fix it. Anyone have any inputs on setting all that up?

Doug Stelley
Asst. Network Admin.
Olean General Hospital
(716)375-7320

The only way to have a friend is to be one. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination,
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.