Forwarding mail to an alternate port number

  • From: "steve shawl" <sshawl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:02:34 -0700

I am running Exchange 2000 and Gordano's GLCommunicator (a listserv
program) on the same server. You basicly set up email accounts in Exchange
using the name of the lists, and GLCommunicator is supposed to pull the
email from those accounts and process them. Well, it seems Gordano has a
timing bug which prevents it from pulling email from the Exchange
mailboxes to process.

Tech support at Gordano recommended that I delete the accounts in Exchange
and simply forward the email for the lists, to their program. They
suggested setting the port number for their SMTP to Port 26 and then
specifying this port number when forwarding the email from Exchange. How
do you do this in Exchange???

Any help on this???

Thanks!