Re: Forward user mail to an external smtp server

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:22:44 -0400

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:20:38 +0200, Marcel Stangenberger
<marcel.stangenberger@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have an exchange user for which i want to forward all incoming mail to
> an external server which is not running exchange. I did find the forward
> option in the usermanager but it won't allow me to forward to anything
> else but users on the exchange server. Is there a way to do this?
> I'm running exchange 2003E.

I believe that you will want to create a "Contact" in Active Directory
Users & Computers with the SMTP address of the person you want to
forward the email to.

Once you have the contact created, you can forward an existing
Exchange mailbox to an external SMTP address.