ForestPrep and DomainPrep

  • From: "Walkowiak, Matt" <Matt.Walkowiak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:20:25 -0500

This should be a simple question...

I have read a lot of places where when you install Exchange 2000, you
are supposed to run ForestPrep and DomainPrep before actually running
the install of Exchange 2000.  However, if I go to a new Win 2000 server
and try to install Exchange, it seems to work just fine - What do I get
when I run the ForestPrep and DomainPrep programs?  Maybe a better
question would be to ask what am I missing if I do NOT run those
Note that I am installing Exchange into a AD domain with one existing
domain controller.

Matt Walkowiak