Folder Permissions

  • From: "Littlejohn, David" <dlittlejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:34:41 -0500

I accidentally changed an Exchange profile's Primary NT account to the
domain admins group, from the actual user's NT account.

I have now changed it back so the user's account is listed as the primary
account, however the user still cannot access their email folder.

When the user opens outlook, they get a message

! Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to
logon.

When that message is 'OK'ed, a second message comes up stating

! Would you like to open your default File System folder instead?

Selecting yes shows the drives and network drives. Selecting no shuts down
outlook.

I have already tried deleting the profile on the user's PC and making a new
one. I had the user log-off and back in again, I believe I have verified all
the items in Exchange Administrator are set for the proper user account
(I.e. they are the owner and have permissions as a user)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

David Littlejohn
IT Department