[ExchangeList] Re: First Email of the morning

  • From: "Taylor, George" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:24:14 -0600

Where are you seeing it being held up at, the client, outbound queue,
other end?  If your a typical business remember that first thing in the
morning is the busiest time for your Exchange servers, thats when
everyone is logging in and opening thier mailbox for the first time of
the day.  Large mailboxes take a few seconds to open and put a heavy
(temporary) load on your servers, you may simply be seeing user
contention.

What type of connection do you have for outbound traffic?  Older
connections like ISDN will disconnect during off-hours and do take a
minute or so to reconnect in the morning.  It's possible that your
seeing an issue with your internet connection dropping during off-hours.

Just some thoughts,  Maybe describe your setup a little for us (servers,
number of users, connection, etc...) and we might come up with some
better answers.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.