RE: Firewall Configuration for Instant Messaging

  • From: "Stelley, Doug" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:57:00 -0500

What I do when I need to "decipher"  ports. I will set up a test through
the firewall to allow all access to a specific IP on the outside. Then
monitor the logs, which tell me all I need. I can then configure our
firewall to accommodate it. I might suggest that you only allow those
ports to be accessed from the specific clients in need. It may cut down
on your risk of a breakin......

Doug Stelley
Interface Coordinator

Quote of the moment: "Life without you would be like a broken pencil."
"How's that?"  "Completely pointless." (Blackadder, Series II)

addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete this