Filtering mail

  • From: "Stelley, Douglas" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:48:50 -0400

Running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 in a 2003 Active Directory domain,

I split up the mail flow into and out of our system in this way;
We use 2 incoming gateways which funnel mail through GFI's Security &
Essentials along with MacAfee for anti virus & spam control.

Outgoing mail utilizes a different path, it flows through a different
SMTP server not visible to the outside world.

What I now want to do is to siphon off all incoming mail with a return
address that would make it appear to be coming from within. In other
words my adx is dstelley@xxxxxxx, I want all mail coming from the
outside with a return adx of * to be redirected to either a
folder or a mail enabled public folder.

I'm tired of questions from my users like: "I got an email from Joe
telling me to open this zip file but it has nothing in it, he says he
didn't send any, what should I do?"

We have no users sending mail except from within the Exchange community,
no POP3, no Outlook Express. Outlook & Web mail only.

I figure if I don't allow mail from joe@xxxxxxx allowed in, I should cut
back on a lot of headache.

Question, do-able? Does it make sense?

the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination,
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.