RE: File Type Migration

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:19:12 -0500

I'm sure you already know this, but if your company knows about a pending
lawsuit and then deletes information, that could be construed as covering
up.  Take a look at the Enron information if you wonder what a classic case
looks like.

Keep in mind that a record does not have to be in electronic form.  Printing
it out would have the same effect if they ever found out about it.  And if
it's company policy and you had the lottery ticket that sunk the boat, would
that be a good thing either?  Questions to ask the users that are
contemplating what they're about to do.  None of which I would dare answer
for them myself.

Anyway, why not use the import/export functionality of Outlook?  That's
still going against company policy and could get you in trouble, but...

For other technical ideas, a great place to search around is
http://www.slipstick.com

Good luck and we'll look for you in the news ;-)

Al

P.S. These are my opinions alone.  What my company does is there business :)