RE: File Type Migration

  • From: "Micah Brewer" <brewer.micah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:35:56 -0700

I knew that would be confusing.  The reason they're getting rid of it is a
little bit of a mystery to all of us.  I know they want to eliminate all
email retention.  It sounds like there's a lawsuit or something going on.
From the little information we've got on the changes, it sounds like
they're going to disable the ability to access a pst using Outlook.  It
also sounds like our local IT dept will be charged with policing for psts.
 We'll apparently get in to hot water if we help retain the pst in anyway
shape or form.

As for what I'm looking for.  I was initially looking for something that
would take all the msg files in a pst and export them to a given folder as
txt files.  You can 'Save As', but that takes opening each email and doing
it one at a time.  With several 1GB psts, that's going to take way to
long.

That's a much better explaination of my problem...