Fialed Migration (sort of) Exchange 5.5 to 2K3

  • From: "Stance Nixon" <snixon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:24:30 -0600

Hi all:
I believe I followed all the required steps to migrate all my users from
5.5 to 2003. Everything has been working for over a month now, except
for...
It seems one of the other IT people got a little eager and shutdown and
reconfigured the old 5.5 server before everything was moved. Now according
to the System Manager the new 2003 server is running everything, but the
old 5.5 server is still showing up, but is greyed out. I can not delete or
remove it.
Hel! How do I get rid of this. It is generating some errors in the Event
Log (can not find server XXX) and has a spot in the queue just for it that
is getting full. All I have been able to figure out is that I will have to
rebuild the 2003 server from scratch and re attach all the users to new
mailboxes. This can be done, but is there another method?

Stance