False NDRs

  • From: "Osman Mahmud" <OMahmud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:54:13 +0600

Hi guys. Now-a-days I am facing a strange problem regarding to the mail
delivery. Some mails are originating from my domain with the sender as
valid users to the users of other domains and receive NRDs. Users are
complaining that they did not send these emails. My question is how
these emails are being generated and what I need to do to stop this.  In
our Exchange environment we have two Exchange clusters, one front-end
server, Antigen antivirus, ServerProtect antivirus and GIF anti Spam
S/W.

One of the NDRs is as follows: ( Our CEO did not send this email but NDR
shows the CEO is sender and he received the NDR!, lot of question marks)

Your message

From: "CEO" <CEO's <mailto:lpreichelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  email ID>

Date: February 21, 2006 3:30:40 PM GMT+06:00

To: <rafiq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi!
Please read quickly.

Best Regards,

Osman Mahmud

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. It
may also be legally privileged. If you are not the named addressee, you should
not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this
message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail. Internet communications cannot be
guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions.