RE: FW: Re: error 554 with eventid 4031

  • From: Joseph Logrippo <jlogrippo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:38:55 -0700

hey chand,

i found this on google . not sure if
it will help you at all.

-----Original Message-----
From: Deshwal, Chand [mailto:CDD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thu 8/26/2004 9:32 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] FW: Re: error 554 with eventid 4031

I have been receving the error message, when I send e-mails to few domains.

The following message could not be delivered to <>. The
destination server reported: 554 denied by gorbs From:

            The recipient name is not recognized
        The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
            MSEXCH:IMS:KAMPSAX:Delhi:CPQ01 3554 (000B09B6) 554 denied by

I could not make out and there seems to be no documentation with the word
GORBS and there was little response from the list also.

Just to add, my server is not an open relay, it has PTR and SPF1 records as
well. This problem has started to come around from 15th August onwards.

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking:
Leading Network Software Directory:
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: