FW: RE: Need help configuring Exchange 2k server to receive internet mail...

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Mail List" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 14:23:49 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Marvin Cummings [mailto:marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 2:23 PM
To: '[ExchangeList]'
Subject: RE: [exchangelist] RE: Need help configuring Exchange 2k server
to receive internet mail...

Thanks for the quick response Mark. I did read this document and some of
the others listed on the site. The only problem I had was trying to
figure out which external DNS server to use. I use bellsouth for DSL
server and TZO to host my own web and email servers. I've created an MX
record for this server internally and I thought that was all I needed to
do. I had this working one once and I wasn't sure if I entered an
external DNS server in the Delivery options or not. Other than that I've
done all listed in that particular doc.