FW: Permission to access Exchange Server

  • From: "Alan Tan" <t-tan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:27:00 +0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Tan [mailto:t-tan@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 9:21 AM
To: 'exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Permission to access Exchange Server

Greetings,

                Hi guys, i have a Exchange 5.5 Svr (SP4) running on a
Windows 2000 Svr (SP3) OS. Recently, i have created an domain account which
i would also want this acct to log in to my exch server and do all the nitty
gritty. But i keep getting the following error whenever i tried to access my
exchange server using the exchange administrator,

                You do not have the permissions required to complete the
operation
                Microsoft Exchange Directory
                ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

                I have even included this domain acct as a member of Domain
Admin, but to no avail. BTW, i have also grant this acct admin permission to
access the exhcange server.

                Appreciate any help. Thanks

Alan Tan
Senior System Consultant