RE: FW: Browsing Folders, I get "SSL certificate is not valid"

  • From: "adrian bolzan" <abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:18:03 +1100

Hi Andrew,

Thanks again.

My posts have confused the issue.
We do not use SBS. :)

We have two Windows 2003 servers, both DC's, one of which hosts Exchange
2003 Enterprise.

Adrian


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andrew English [mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] 
> Sent: Monday, 17 January 2005 10:11 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: FW: Browsing Folders, I get "SSL 
> certificate is not valid"
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> If you are running SBS as your DC and you are trying to setup 
> another box running Windows 2003 Standard Server I don't 
> think you can do it.
> Because in the case of certs and what you are trying to do, 
> the Certs machine MUST be DCPROMO'd and SBS doesn't allow this.
> 
> Andrew
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: adrian bolzan [mailto:abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 5:55 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] FW: Browsing Folders, I get "SSL 
> certificate is not valid"
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Hi, 
> 
> Thought I would give this another go. :) 
> 
> Cheers,
> Adrian
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: AdrianB [mailto:adrianb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Tuesday, 11 January 2005 11:54 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] Browsing Folders, I get "SSL 
> certificate is not valid"
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> I set up SSL on our exchange server, using another Win2003 
> server as the Certificate Authority, to allow secure access to OWA.
> That works correctly.
> 
> However, when trying to brows the Folders in ESM I receive the error:
> 
> The SSL certificate server name is incorrect.
> ID no: c103b404
> Exchange System Manager
> 
> I looked on the MS KB and found the article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324345
> You receive an SSL Certificate error message when you view 
> public folders in Exchange System Manager
> 
> In the resolution, I am instructed to perform the following steps in
> IIS:
> 3.    Right-click Exadmin, and then click Properties.
> 4.    Click the Directory Security tab.
> 5.    Under Secure Communications, click Edit.
> 
> However, the 'Edit' button, and all other buttons, under 
> Secure Communications are greyed out.
> 
> How best would I resolve this issue and allow access to 
> "Folders" in ESM?
> Should I just start the process again, of configure SSL?
> 
> I will be moving to a separate FE server or Citrix 
> implementation so may just try to remove the requirement for 
> SSL on the exchange server, anyway.
> Again, how would I do this if I cannot access the "Secure 
> Communications"
> area in IIS?
> 
> As an aside, why is the "Folders" area in ESM so sensitive to 
> the SSL certificate?
> 
> Any help appreciated,
> 
> Adrian
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com 
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org 
> Windows Security Resource Site: 
> http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library: 
> http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: 
> http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org 
> Discussion List as:
> andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com 
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org 
> Windows Security Resource Site: 
> http://www.windowsecurity.com/ Network Security Library: 
> http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: 
> http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org 
> Discussion List as: abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To 
> unsubscribe visit 
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 


Other related posts: