RE: FE/BE

  • From: "Devin McBride" <devin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:13:57 -0700

-          How can I disable the public folders from being seen for the users
who are accessing OWA through the web? But still for users inside the web they
should be able to see it? Or is it a common thing for users accessing OWA from
outside to see the public folders? (we have so many public folders) I would
imagine you could simple remove owa users from having access directly through
your exchange system manager under Folder  > Public Folders

-          Typically when a front end exchange in the DMz zone does it have 1
NIC (public one in our case) and the routing to the trust is done through the
firewall or does it usually have 2 NICs one on the trust and one on the DMZ?
What exactly are your using isa for?  just the firewall functionality of it?
If thats the case I dont see why you couldnt just use a single nic.

-          Can I install OWA 2003 to be used with exchange 2000? No, you'll
need to upgrade exchange to 2003.  Luckily a 2000 to 2003 upgrade is extremely
clean.

DM

________________________________

I am a newbie to exchange and we are setting a front end server (Exchange 2000
SP3, Windows 2000 Sp4, ISA2000), few questions if anyone can help:

-          How can I disable the public folders from being seen for the users
who are accessing OWA through the web? But still for users inside the web they
should be able to see it? Or is it a common thing for users accessing OWA from
outside to see the public folders? (we have so many public folders).

-          Typically when a front end exchange in the DMz zone does it have 1
NIC (public one in our case) and the routing to the trust is done through the
firewall or does it usually have 2 NICs one on the trust and one on the DMZ?

-          Can I install OWA 2003 to be used with exchange 2000?

-          I am following an electronic book in my FE/BE configuration from
Microsoft but it was last updates 2002 is there any other guide newer for
exchange 2000?

Thanks and regards,

Ruba Al Omari