Exmerge Question

  • From: "Tim Jordan" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:14:10 -0900

I'm doing a server replacment this weekend.  It's a small network using
SBS 2000 with about 15 users.
I plan to pull the hard drives and install new drives then do a clean
install of SBS 2003.

My plan is to export the Public Folders and users email to .pst files
and then import them back in when the new server is up and all accounts
have been created.

Going from workstation to workstation will be very time consuming.  Will
Exmerge help in my scenario?

Bonus question:
The guys I work for have ghosted all the workstations at our client site
and did not change the SID on the workstations before joining to domain.
The domain controller (currently running Samba) will be replaced at this
site with SBS 2003.  What would be the best way to join the existing
workstations to the new domain without encountering a conflict with
duplicate computer SIDs?

Thanks,
TJ