Exmerge

  • From: Juan Ibarra <jibarra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:07:00 -0700

Hello to all,

I am trying to restore a mailbox from backup.  A user left the company and
deleted all mail from his mailbox before leaving the company.  I have an
exact replica of my exchange 5.5, sp4 running offline where I restore my
database every day.  I am doing the restore several days before the user
actually left and I am having the foloowing problem.

When I start the services on my offline server I run exmerge to export the
mailbox to a pst file.  When I make the selection exchange tells me that the
mailbox is 600+MB but when the actual export takes place it finishes in
about 3 seconds.  I then, copy the pst file to my laptop and inported to my
outlook as a pst file and I only get the contacts and deleted items.

The size of the PST is only 144KB.  Any idea what am I doing wrong or a way
around this issue would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Juan