RE: Exchange/IIS SMTP logs

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:05:30 -0700

Been doing research on this.

4000 event ID showing up in app log here and there. Created SMTPReg.vbs and
ran to enumerate any existing event sinks. Found one, not sure if it is
supposed to be there:

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

Source {1B3C0666-E470-11D0-AA67-80C04FA345F6} {
  DisplayName = smtpsvc 1
  OnArrival Sinks {
    Binding {A6F75DBA-217C-11D2-9A57-00C04FA32883} {
      DisplayName = ISM SMTP Transport
      SinkClass = CDO2EventSink.IsmSink1
      Status = Enabled
      SourceProperties {
        Rule = RCPT
TO=_IsmService@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        priority = 8192
      }
      SinkProperties {
      }
    }
  }

GoExchange was once installed for trial, but never purchased and removed.

Any one know if I am pointed in the right direction?

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You