RE: Exchange/IIS SMTP logs

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:24:00 -0700

Finally figured it out. Should be in the SMTP log at 23:34.

Now I have a problem.

Message tracker shows delivered:
SMTP Store Driver: Message submitted from Store
SMTP: Message submitted to Advanced Queuing
SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue
SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer
SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to remoteuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SMTP Store Drive Submitted Message to MTA
Message transferred to exchange.localdomain.com through X400

Problem is, message never shows up at the smart host, my mail server, which
is the gateway. 3 other earlier messages to the remote user from the same
local user were delivered fine, as seen in the SMTP server logs and on my
SMTP server logs on my e-mail server.

But I can not find this message anywhere, or referenced in any log.

The local sender is of course not at all happy, as this happened 3 times
last week, all to different recipients and on different days. I have not
heard of any other instances.

Help!

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner