RE: Exchange/IIS SMTP logs

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:24:00 -0700

Finally figured it out. Should be in the SMTP log at 23:34.

Now I have a problem.

Message tracker shows delivered:
SMTP Store Driver: Message submitted from Store
SMTP: Message submitted to Advanced Queuing
SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue
SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer
SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to remoteuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SMTP Store Drive Submitted Message to MTA
Message transferred to through X400

Problem is, message never shows up at the smart host, my mail server, which
is the gateway. 3 other earlier messages to the remote user from the same
local user were delivered fine, as seen in the SMTP server logs and on my
SMTP server logs on my e-mail server.

But I can not find this message anywhere, or referenced in any log.

The local sender is of course not at all happy, as this happened 3 times
last week, all to different recipients and on different days. I have not
heard of any other instances.

John Tolmachoff
eServices For You