Exchange2k , dialup & ISP Issues

  • From: "Abdalla Ziraba" <abdalla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:01:03 +0300

Dear all,

I have an exchange 2000 server that picks up mails from an ISP via
dialup. Don't be surprised coz it's the only option available in this
region. Everything was fine until recently when my exchange server would
not send or receive mails. Im forced to either replace the ISP's FQDN
entered in the both the smtp virtual server and the outgoing connector
with the corresponding IP Address or vise versa. Once this is done mail
will flow in and out. What seems to be the problem? Is it a problem with
the ISP or my exchange server? Please help!

Thanks in advance