RE: Exchange user count?

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:20:49 -0400

Hi Devon,
If you want a quick list of all users in each Exchange Server, you can
use the System Manager to expand the Storage group, and expand the
Mailbox store. Click on Mailboxes folder. Right click on Mailboxes and
export the list to a file. This would be the easiest. In Exchange 2000,
the user IDs are not grouped by Administrative group or Site, rather
they are grouped by the HomeMDB attribute, which is actually the DN of
the mailbox store they are homed in. You can use the csvde command and
filter the query using this attribute to retrieve a list of users too.
Or if your Exchange 2000 is an in place upgrade done from Exchange 5.5,
then you can use the legacyExchanegDN attribute to filter. This will
somewhat match your Exchange 5.5 site based grouping. However, I would
not recommend this option.

Regards,

Raj