RE: Exchange upgrade- problem with Cached Mode setting

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:56:55 -0500

When you upgrade to a new server, I assume you will be doing a move
mailbox method upgrade. In this case, you don't have to change the
profile manually. The profile will automatically reconfigure itself once
the mailbox is moved to the new server. Once you finish moving all
mailboxes, you can leave the old dns name in the DNS server pointing to
a DC. That will automatically resolve the correct names if any old
profiles tried to connect to Exchange. You never need any user
intervention if you use the move mailbox method for profile
reconfiguration.

Regards,

Raj