Exchange upgrade

  • From: Troy Krisher <TKrisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: " (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:44:39 -0500

Good morning!

Soon I will be embarking on the quest to upgrade my exchange platform from
Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2003. I have read multiple documents
regarding the upgrade and migration, but there are always unforeseen issues.
Has anyone encountered any obstacles while upgrading? How long does the mail
box migration take for around 125 boxes?

I also wanted to know if I should upgrade my AD from 2000 to 2003, what are
the added benefits and potential pitfalls if I don't?

Thank you,

Troy Krisher

System Administrator