RE: Exchange solutions

  • From: "Mike Duncan" <mduncan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:14:14 -0500

    If you can sell the cost of the attached storage by pushing high
availability, then you should definitely go with an Exchange Cluster.
You also have to factor the cost for 2 Enterprise licenses.  It is not
hard to set up, and runs great.  If you read the documentation on
Microsoft Clusters it will not be a problem for you.  Plus the install
of Exchange 2003 Enterprise is cluster aware.    I have users in 6
offices spread over the USA using outlook xp, and we have no performance
issues.  We have point to point T1's to all locations.

I assume then that your users are not connected to your network with
some kind of VPN solution?  If that is correct, then maybe you should
look at getting SonicWall devices for all sites, then you could have a
tunnel open for all remote sites.  There are other solutions out there,
I'm just partial to SonicWall since that's what we have.

If you need more info, feel free to email me.

Mike