RE: Exchange setup

  • From: "Stelley, Doug" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 07:28:08 -0400

When I went to Exchange training I was taught that a best case scenario
would be to have different drives (physically, not just mapped) for the
different parts. For Instance;

*         C Drive for OP System & needed programs (Exchange, antivirus,
antispam etc.)

o        With a mirrored drive

*         D Drive for paging file

o        Doesn't necessarily need a mirror

*         E Derive for Exchange logs

o        Raid 5

*         F Drive for stores

o        Raid 5

Our main Exchange box has two 9.6 Gig's for "C" (mirror), two 9.6 Gig's
for "D" (mirror), three 18gig's for "E" (Raid 5), and an external box
with 7 36GIG's for "F" (Raid 5).

This way I'm redundant, as fast as I can be, yet not placing too much
stress on any one drive. I know this doesn't work with everyone but it's
been good to us.

Doug Stelley

Network Admin.

Olean General Hospital

(716375-7320

Results! Why man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several
thousand things that won't work. - Thomas Alva Edison