Exchange recovery

  • From: "sunny" <sunny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:57:54 -0700

Hi everyone :
  I am getting following error when I am running Exchange 2000 in disaster
recovery mode.  Anyone has any idea what that means or what is the
solution????
  "Setup failed while installing sub-component.  Information Store service
with error code 0xC00703E6 (please consult the installation logs for a
detailed description).  you may cancel the installation or try the failed
step again.   Retry or Cancle...
  I tried Retry but no luck.  Following things I have done.
(1) Prepare the new server (old one is dead)
(2) Install Vertias Backup Exec 10, and Catologed the tape
(3) Restarted the new server, Press F8 and selected Directory Recovery
(4) Using Veritas did System Restore
(5) Restarted and login using old admin password
(6) Run d:\english\exch2000\ent\setup\i386\setup.exe /disasterrecovery,
and then after while I get this msg...

Anyone has any idea how to resolve this or any suggestion about my
procudure....All help is welcome....

Shyamal