Exchange on memberserver, how to solve accesproblems

  • From: "Mario" <mjakarel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:13:46 -0700

On my public domain I created an new AD-domain, like this:
AD-domain consist of 1 DC and 2 members (1 Fileserver for p2p filesharing,
1 Standalone ISA server with dns) and about 10 W2k-pro.
DC tested for DNS, DHCP and WINS functionality and all works just fine.

The member fileserver for p2p filesharing is to become the Exchange
In order to prepare a memberserver for Exchange, one has to have Ent.Admin
rights on that memberserver in order to connect to AD.
Therefore I have added the Ent.Admin account to the Admin group of the
memberserver in order to have full acces to both AD and the local
So I prepared the fileserver with /forestprep and following /domainprep,
that proces was a piece of cake.
After the preparation I installed Exchange on the prepared memberserver
and configured the mailboxes for all users.
At the DC I configured DNS with MX-records, Cnames, A-records.
Then, after enabling mailboxes for all users, I tested them for mail send
and receive, errors start to occure!
First there was this error stating that the time period of inactivity was
too long and Exchange freezes.
Next error was stating that Exchange has created an object in IIS that
already exists.
I tried to get into IIS to see what causes the problem, but no acces.
In Exchange server SMTP, POP, NNTP and HTTP had all questionmarks.
On connectors I saw exclamationmarks.
Obviously I missed something, but what?
Who can help?