Exchange now supported on virtual hardware

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ActiveDir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:39:35 -0700

Hi Tony,

I have to respond to this. Many IT managers think you can just virtualize any
application because of all the marketing hype. Be very careful, I/O is critical
to Exchange and any other database application which may make running it on
VMWARE or VIRTUAL SERVER unpractical not to mention Exchange is also very
resource intensive and will take whatever it can. Now I am sure if you have a
very small environment that it may make sense, but with Microsoft Small
Business server why would you want to?

Any body else car to throw in there two cents?

Sincerely,
Jose Medeiros
ADP | National Account Services
ProBusiness Division | Information Services
925.737.7967 | 408-449-6621 CELL