Exchange not receiving mail from some domains

  • From: "David Elmquist" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:06:53 +0100

Hi list

I have a somewhat peculiar problem with inbound mail. Some mails,
especially those from this very list,
never reaches my Exchange server, but are always recieved via my mx
backup server.
I can`t see any connection attempts from the sending servers, so at
first i took it to be a DNS related
problem but now i`m not so sure.

subcore.dk      MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = gw01.subcore.dk
subcore.dk      MX preference = 20, mail exchanger = gw02.subcore.dk
subcore.dk      MX preference = 15, mail exchanger = mail.subcore.dk
gw01.subcore.dk internet address = 80.197.127.239
mail.subcore.dk internet address = 80.197.127.239
gw02.subcore.dk internet address = 80.162.200.77

Generally, mail is delivered to gw01, but some mailservers just don`t
seem to
want to talk to it. This has been a problem for over 2 months now.

I don`t think network problems could be responsible for the problem.
Perhaps filtering at the ISP could account for it, but both servers are
on
The same cablesegment, although not the same IP subnet.

Any ideas as to how I should troubleshoot this ?

David Elmquist