Exchange needs FUA records from the Groupwise API???

  • From: Mike Meyers <mmeyers1111@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:59:46 -0800 (PST)

Is there a way to configure the Novell Groupwise API
so that it will always create an FUA record in the
file that Groupwise writes to the Groupwise API
directory?  Groupwise deposits header and body files
in the Groupwise API directory and Exchange pulls
those files via the Groupwise connector.  To pull SMTP
addresses correctly, Exchange needs to see FUA records
in the API file.  There will be one FUA record for
each SMTP addressee in each message.

The problem we are having is that FUA records are not
created for typical SMTP addresses like
mmeyers1111@xxxxxxxxx when a Groupwise user
creates/sends mail to an Exchange user with SMTP
addresses in the To, CC or BCC fields.

For example, if a Groupwise user sends email to an
Exchange user and CCs mmeyers1111@xxxxxxxxx, then no
FUA record will be created and the Exchange user will
see the address as Yahoo.com;mmeyers1111.  If the user
then tries to "reply all", the mail will fail to be
delivered to mmeyers1111@xxxxxxxxx

However, if we explicitly send to the Exchange gateway
by formatting the CC field as such...

Exchange:"mmeyers1111@xxxxxxxxx"

then the FUA record will be created in the API file,
Exchange will pick it up properly, the Exchange user
will see mmeyers1111@yahoo in the CC list when they
rceceive the mail, and will be able to successfully

So... I'm trying to find a way to configure the
Groupwise API to create the API file with the FUA
records without our users having to enter
Exchange:"user@domain" format every time they put an
SMTP address in the To, CC or BCC fields.

Any ideas?

http://mail.yahoo.com/