Exchange messenger logins & proxies...

  • From: "Alfonso Lopez de Ayala" <alopezdeayala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:49:54 -0700

Exchange Messenger client logs in and works ok, queries internal DNS for
SVR record and connects to internal server... perfect!

Exchange Messenger client does not want to log in anymore (and gives a
"SOCKS 5 error") when I configure a proxy server (port 8080) in the
client's "Internet Options - Connection", even though I check the
"Bypass proxy server for local addresses" checkbox.

Anyone know what's going on?  (Why is Messenger still trying to go thru
the proxy even though the address is local?)  Any configuration

Thanks a lot in advance!