Exchange data base

  • From: John Allen <itcalif@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:59:33 -0800 (PST)

I have an exchange database that is being backed up using Veritas backup exec.
Currently the size that is displayed for the priv.edb using windows explorer is
6,110,728kb. (about 6.1gb) however after reviewing the size of mailboxes in
Exchange system manager I doesn't look like my priv.edb file should be nearly
that size. It should be something more like 4 or 5 gb. Do I need to compress my
priv.edb? What exactly is happening? (Also when backing up with veritas, there
is actually about 7gb which is being backed up, I'm assuming this is because of
the verify which needs to run) Thanks in advance,

John