RE: Exchange connect using modem

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:31:23 -0500

Is this server to server or client to server communications?

The typical way you'd want to do this is to have the dialee (the client)
configure to pick up the mail when they connect since you have no way of
knowing what a) IP addr they'll have and b) when they'll be online so you
can deliver the messages.

If a client app (MUA) then POP/IMAP/OWA are typically how you'd handle that.
Since you are asking, I'd suspect that this is server to server and that
you'd rather look at something like ATRN or a POP connector to do this (as
in SBS version.)

My thoughts anyway.